By David A. Gewirtz, Shawn E. Holt, Steven Grant
This e-book presents perception into verified practices and learn into apoptosis and senescence. the quantity completely examines novel and rising options and learn within the fields of mobilephone dying pathways, senescence progress arrest, medicinal drugs and resistance, DNA harm reaction, and different issues that also carry mysteries for researchers. In overall, this quantity offers simple scientists and clinicians with a deeper and extra entire knowing of the mobile responses of malignancies that can make certain the effectiveness of remedy, either within the preliminary levels of the illness in addition to in affliction recurrence.
Read Online or Download Apoptosis, Senescence and Cancer PDF
Best radiology & nuclear medicine books
Die medizinische Physik hat sich in den letzten Jahren zunehmend als interdisziplinäres Gebiet profiliert. Um dem Bedarf nach systematischer Weiterbildung von Physikern, die an medizinischen Einrichtungen tätig sind, gerecht zu werden, wurde das vorliegende Werk geschaffen. Es basiert auf dem Heidelberger Kurs für medizinische Physik.
New advancements resembling subtle mixed modality ways and demanding technical advances in radiation therapy making plans and supply are facilitating the re-irradiation of formerly uncovered volumes. for that reason, either palliative and healing methods might be pursued at quite a few sickness websites.
Well known because the best of positioning texts, this highly-regarded, complete source gains greater than four hundred projections and ideal full-color illustrations augmented by way of MRI photos for additional element to reinforce the anatomy and positioning displays. In 3 volumes, it covers initial steps in radiography, radiation safeguard, and terminology, in addition to anatomy and positioning info in separate chapters for every bone crew or organ process.
This ebook stories the hot growth made within the prevention, analysis, and remedy of esophageal melanoma. Epidemiology, molecular biology, pathology, staging, and analysis are first mentioned. The radiologic review of esophageal melanoma and the position of endoscopy in analysis, staging, and administration are then defined.
- Functional Neuroimaging in Child Psychiatry
- An Introduction to Radiation Protection in Medicine (Series in Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering)
- MRI of Cardiovascular Malformations
Extra info for Apoptosis, Senescence and Cancer
193. Martins LM, Iaccarino I, Tenev T, et al. The serine protease Omi/HtrA2 regulates apoptosis by binding XIAP through a reaper-like motif. J Biol Chem 2002; 277:439–44. 194. Verhagen AM, Silke J, Ekert PG, et al. HtrA2 promotes cell death through its serine protease activity and its ability to antagonize inhibitor of apoptosis proteins. J Biol Chem 2002; 277(1): 445–54. 195. Srinivasula SM, Gupta S, Datta P, et al. Inhibitor of apoptosis proteins are substrates for the mitochondrial serine protease Omi/Htr A2.
222. Petak I, Tillman DM, Houghton JA. p53 dependence of Fas induction and acute apoptosis in response to 5-fluorouracil-leucovorin in human colon carcinoma cell lines. Clin Cancer Res 2000; 6:4432–41. 223. Amarante-Mendes GP, Kim CN, Liu L, et al. Bcr-Abl exerts its antiapoptotic effect against diverse apoptotic stimuli through blockage of mitochondrial release of cytochrome c and activation of caspase-3. Blood 1998; 91(5):1700–5. 224. Kottke TJ, Blajeski AL, Martins LM, et al. Comparison of paclitaxel-, 5-Fluoro-2 -deoxyuridineand epidermal growth factor-induced apoptosis: evidence for EGF-induced anoikis.
Clin Cancer Res 2000; 6:237–49. 229. Yang E, Korsmeyer SJ. Molecular thanatopsis: a discourse on the Bcl2 family and cell death. Blood 1996; 88(2):386–401. 230. Hanahan D, Weinberg RA. The hallmarks of cancer. Cell 2000; 100(1):57–70. 231. Evan GI, Vousden KH. Proliferation, cell cycle and apoptosis in cancer. Nature 2001; 411:342–8. 232. Danial NN, Korsmeyer SJ. Cell death: critical control points. Cell 2004; 116(2):205–19. 233. Lowe SW, Cepro E, Evan G. Intrinsic tumour suppression. Nature 2004:432:307–15.